25 September 2017 Safe to Learn?
- News & Events
Annual Report of the SRSGVAC to the Human Rights Council, Thirty-first sessionBACK
In the Annual Report to the Human Rights Council, Thirty-first session, Ms Marta Santos Pais, the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children reviewed key developments and initiatives that her office has promoted to accelerate progress in the protection of children from violence in the past year.
The report built upon the decision by the General Assembly (resolution 69/157) to renew the mandate of the Special Representative. It also takes into consideration, the opportunities provided by the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the commemoration in 2016 of the tenth anniversary of the submission to the Assembly of the United Nations study on violence against children. Download the full report here.
Ms Pais serves as a Steering Committee Member of Know Violence in Childhood.
- Know Violence in Childhood launches its flagship report
- Invitation to Ending Violence in Childhood, a Learning Event
- Request for Proposal for selection of an agency to design communications products including a high quality Global Flagship Report for Know Violence in Childhood
- Position Statement, 2016 World Health Assembly on Violence Against Children by the International Pediatric Association
- Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children invites you to a consultation on their Zero Draft Strategy