- News & Events
Theresa Betancourt, speaks on children’s recruitment into the Islamic State in a BBC Radio 4 interviewBACK
Theresa Betancourt, associate professor of child health and human rights at Harvard School of Public Health, and one of the authors commissioned by Know Violence in Childhood, has studied children involved in warfare. In a BBC Radio 4 interview on 11 February 2016 on children’s recruitment into the Islamic State, Dr Betancourt commented that it is feasible to address a child’s "past traumas" and "indoctrination". “Should he be able to return to the care of loving attachment figures who are invested in his well-being, there probably is a tremendous amount of opportunity to work with him, both on helping to address past traumas but also to help support moral development and a healthy transition out of the indoctrination he’s experienced.” Listen to the full interview here.
- Know Violence in Childhood launches its flagship report
- Invitation to Ending Violence in Childhood, a Learning Event
- Request for Proposal for selection of an agency to design communications products including a high quality Global Flagship Report for Know Violence in Childhood
- Position Statement, 2016 World Health Assembly on Violence Against Children by the International Pediatric Association
- Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children invites you to a consultation on their Zero Draft Strategy