25 September 2017 Safe to Learn?
- News & Events
Thomas Abt presented the Know Violence approach talking about community violence at a two-day workshop organised by the Forum on Global Violence PreventionBACK
From 12-13 May 2016, the Forum on Global Violence Prevention held Identifying the Role of Violence Prevention in the Post-2015 Global Agenda, a workshop to explore and illuminate the ways in which violence prevention efforts fit into the global agenda and to begin to identify the ways in which the governments (including the U.S.), non-profits, multilaterals, and NGOs, and industry leaders can engage in and advance the violence prevention as a priority within the post-2015 agenda.
Workshop presentations and discussions pulled from a broad variety of disciplines and perspectives, including the public health, research, government, human rights, policy, and non-profit sectors." Representing Know Violence in Childhood at the Forum, Thomas Abt, Know Violence commissioned author, and Senior Research Fellow and Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard Kennedy School presented on "kNOwing & measuring community violence". The presentation and the recording of the talk can be now accessed.
- Know Violence in Childhood launches its flagship report
- Invitation to Ending Violence in Childhood, a Learning Event
- Request for Proposal for selection of an agency to design communications products including a high quality Global Flagship Report for Know Violence in Childhood
- Position Statement, 2016 World Health Assembly on Violence Against Children by the International Pediatric Association
- Global Partnership to End Violence Against Children invites you to a consultation on their Zero Draft Strategy